26 outubro 2007

Dying

Today, I woke up
With a strange feeling
In my heart.

I went into the street
And walked a little bit.
People were very happy
And the sun was shining.

Suddenly, I felt
A strange and sudden cold.
I looked back and I see
A very strange person:
One arm is shorter than the other
And every time she walked, she limped.

She said to me:
“Your time is coming”.
I didn’t understand that sentence at first,
But then, I realized she’s talking
About my death.

When I get back home,
I begin to see things.
Weird things.

My body falls hard on the floor
And I see everything black.
Sounds aren’t clear anymore
And I can feel my spirit going away,
Leaving behind my body.

The essence of my entire being
Goes somewhere else.
Somewhere where it’s happy,
Where I’m happy.

Cátia Ribeiro

Sem comentários: